Last updated: August 4, 2023
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
We collect certain information from you in the course of providing our services and accepting payments. The information that we collect and use varies depending on how you interact with us.
In addition to the specific uses set out below, we may use the information we collect about you to communicate with you, provide services, comply with any applicable legal obligations, enforce any applicable terms of service, and protect or defend our services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
What Personal Information We Collect
The types of personal information we obtain about you depends on how you interact with our site and use our services. When we use the term “personal information”, we are referring to information that identifies, relates to, describes or can be associated with you. The following sections describe the categories and specific types of personal information we collect.
Information We Collect Directly from You
Information that you directly submit to us through our services may include:
– Basic contact details including your name, address, phone number, and email.
– Order information including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment confirmation, email address, and phone number.
– Account information including your username, password, and security questions.
– Customer support information including the information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending a message through the services.
Some features of the services may require you to directly provide us with certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features.
Information We Collect Through Cookies
Information We Obtain from Third Parties
Finally, we may obtain information about you from third parties, including from vendors and service providers who may collect information on our behalf, such as:
– Companies who support our site and services
– Our payment processors, who collect payment information (e.g., bank account, credit or debit card information, billing address) to process your payment in order to fulfil your orders and provide you with products or services you have requested, in order to perform our contract with you.
– When you visit our site, open or click on emails we send you, or interact with our services or advertisements, we, or third parties we work with, may automatically collect certain information using online tracking technologies such as pixels, web beacons, software developer kits, third-party libraries, and cookies.
How We Use Your Personal Information
– Providing products and services: we use your personal information to provide you with services in order to perform our contract with you, including processing your payments, fulfilling your orders, sending you notifications related to your account, purchases, returns, exchanges or other transactions, to create, maintain and otherwise manage your account, to arrange for shipping, facilitate any returns and exchanges and to enable you to post reviews.
– Marketing and advertising: we use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send marketing, advertising and promotional communications by email, text message or postal mail, and to show you advertisements for products or services. This may include using your personal information to better tailor the Services and advertising on our Site and other websites.
– Security and fraud prevention: we use your personal information to detect, investigate or take action regarding possible fraudulent, illegal or malicious activity. If you choose to use our services, you are responsible for keeping your account credentials safe. We highly recommend that you do not share any personal, financial or other access details with anyone else. If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
– Communicating with you: we use your personal information to provide you with customer support and improve our services. This is in our legitimate interests in order to be responsive to you, to provide effective services to you, and to maintain our business relationship with you.
How We Disclose Personal Information
– With vendors or other third parties who perform services on our behalf (e.g., IT management, payment processing, data analytics, customer support, cloud storage, fulfilment and shipping).
– When you direct, request us or otherwise consent to our disclosure of certain information to third parties, such as to ship you products or through your use of social media widgets or login integrations, with your consent.
– With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group, in our legitimate interests to run a successful business.
– In connection with a business transaction such as a merger or bankruptcy, to comply with any applicable legal obligations (including responding to subpoenas, search warrants and similar requests), to enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
We disclose the following categories of personal information about users for the purposes set out above in “How we Collect and Use your Personal Information” and “How we Disclose Personal Information”:
– Identifiers such as basic contact details and certain order and account information
– Commercial information such as order information, shopping information and customer support information
– Internet or other similar network activity, such as Usage data
Categories of Recipients:
– Vendors and third parties who perform services on our behalf (such as Internet service providers, payment processors, fulfilment partners, customer support partners and data analytics providers)
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for the purposes of inferring characteristics about you.
User Generated Content
The Services may enable you to post product reviews and other user-generated content. If you choose to submit user-generated content to any public area of the services, this content will be public and accessible to anyone.
We do not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make available to others and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available, or for the accuracy, use or misuse of any information that you disclose or receive from third parties.
Third Party Websites and Links
Our site may provide links to websites or other online platforms operated by third parties. If you follow links to sites not affiliated with or controlled by us, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions. We do not guarantee and are not responsible for the privacy or security of such sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of information found on these sites. Information you provide on public or semi-public venues, including information you share on third-party social networking platforms may also be viewable by other users of the services and/or users of those third-party platforms without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. Our inclusion of such links does not, by itself, imply any endorsement of the content on such platforms or of their owners or operators, except as disclosed on the Services.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information about children. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who has provided us with their personal information, you may contact us using the contact details set out below to request that it be deleted.
Security and Retention of Your Information
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” In addition, any information you send to us may not be secure while in transit. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us.
How long we retain your personal information depends on different factors, such as whether we need the information to maintain your account, provide services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce other applicable contracts and policies.
Your Rights and Choices
Depending on where you live, you may have some or all of the rights listed below in relation to your personal information. However, these rights are not absolute, may apply only in certain circumstances and, in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
– Right to limit and/or opt out of use and disclosure of sensitive personal information. You may have a right to direct us to limit our use and/or disclosure of sensitive personal information to only what is necessary to perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average individual.
– Withdrawal of Consent: Where we rely on consent to process your personal information, you may have the right to withdraw this consent.
– Managing Communication Preferences: We may send you promotional emails, and you may opt out of receiving these at any time by using the unsubscribe option displayed in our emails to you. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or orders that you have made.
You may exercise any of these rights where indicated on our site or by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. We may need to collect information from you to verify your identity, such as your email address or account information, before providing a substantive response to the request. In accordance with applicable laws, you may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require that the agent provide proof you have authorized them to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us. We will respond to your request in a timely manner as required under applicable law.
If you have complaints about how we process your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, depending on where you live you may have the right to appeal our decision by contacting us using the contact details set out below, or lodge your complaint with your local data protection authority.
Please note that we may transfer, store and process your personal information outside the country you live in. Your personal information is also processed by staff and third-party service providers and partners in these countries.
Law & Jurisdiction